“And the Church Said…” Domestic Violence Awareness Month Event
In recognition of Domestic Violence Awareness Month
The Salvation Army Presents:
“And the Church Said…”
Exploring the significant Role, Responsibility, and Response of the
Faith-Based Community as it relates to domestic violence.
Tuesday, October 24, 2017 – 9:30am – 12:00pm
The Salvation Army Adele and Robert Stern Red Shield Center
945 W. 69th Street (69th and Morgan)
Chicago, IL 60621
In this workshop we will address the following:
- How to respond when the Sanctity of Marriage conflicts with the Safety of the family.
- Pastoral vs. Domestic Violence Counseling: Valuing both and understanding the difference.
- Empowering families to address domestic violence in a way that is consistent with their faith.
- Identifying the Red Flags of family violence: “Why we should sweat the small stuff.”
- Recognizing how gang, gun, and domestic violence intersect and its impact on the entire family.
- How alliances between the Faith-Based and the Domestic Violence communities can serve to strengthen families.
FREE Event – ICDVP & Social Workers ($20 for 2 CEU’s) – Light Refreshments
Limited Seating – Reservations Required – No Walk-ins
Reservation Deadline – Friday, October 20th – Call Billie at (773) 382-4606.